Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Coach Abbi uses a holistic approach to support clients across all key life areas by working with them to connect their daily choices to their long term goals. Through one-on-one coaching sessions we identify goals, purpose, habits, motivation, and life skill needs as we clarify what the client wants. Dependent on the coaching package, we connect what the client needs to accomplish each week to match their goals and organize their commitments to get the work done. For the most part, each session is organized by three driving factors: what has happened, what lies ahead, and what the clients’ immediate needs are for that session. Everything is centered around what the client wants to achieve. It is our job to motivate the client to overcome obstacles and hesitations while reaffirming their values and mission. The ultimate goal is to be empowered with skills to effectively master decisions and the mind.
HOW DO I KNOW IF PERFORMANCE COACHING IS FOR ME?
- Do you or your athletes:
- have trouble staying focused during competition?
- lack confidence during practice or games?
- perform better in practice than in competition?
- Are you looking for a competitive edge?
- Are you having difficulty concentrating or frequently lose focus?
- Are you concerned with your child's experience in organized youth sports?
- Are you unable to achieve peak performance consistently?
- Are you struggling to begin or continue an exercise program?
- Are you having difficulty recovering from setbacks?
- Have you lost confidence or motivation after an injury?
- Do you have a hard time coping with my high-stress or high-risk occupation?
- Are you looking for a way to improve your sport or exercise experience?
HOW DO I KNOW IF PERSONAL COACHING IS FOR ME?
- Are you living your fullest potential?
- Are you the happiest, healthiest version of yourself?
- Are you confronting issues that make you uncomfortable?
- Do you feel trapped, stuck, or unable to grow and move on?
- Are you confident when dealing with uncertainty?
- Are you looking for a way to improve your quality of life and overall happiness?
- Are you striving for something better?
WHAT IF I AM NOT READY TO MAKE A COMMITMENT TO COACHING?
Complimentary sessions are all clients first experience with Nashville Mental Training. No commitments, no payment, no decisions. The complimentary session allows an opportunity to meet Coach Abbi, understand the process, ask questions, and make sure Nashville Mental Training is a perfect fit for your needs. Being comfortable with your coach is half the battle. Additionally, this session ensures that Coach Abbi can assist you and provide the best service for what you are wanting to achieve. The coaching relationship must be a mutually beneficial agreement in order for success.
WHAT WILL I GAIN FROM COACHING? WHEN WILL CHANGES OCCUR?
Committing to personal coaching is not easy. Following through with the inevitable changes and being flexible with the growth process is even tougher. Results vary due to desire to change, motivation, and willingness to do the work required to see lasting changes. In order to master any skill, you must practice. You have to train your mind. Mental training takes consistent practice and the more you commit to the strategies and tools in your daily life, the more likely you will notice real growth and progress. As long as the client is fully committed and they have realistic, measurable goals, they will see change. Coach Abbi is your teammate every step of the way sharing in victories and celebrating your success. Coaching has real potential to impact your life in a variety of ways and more times than not, coaching will blindside you and make positive impacts you never thought possible.
HOW LONG DO SESSIONS LAST?
- One-on-one holistic coaching sessions to optimize performance & quality of life (via face-to-face if in Nashville area, phone, or virtually) are typically 45-60 minutes
- Group or Team Sessions are tailored to meet the organization’s time and schedule demands
- The Life Audit for Women sessions vary based off package and client needs
- Complimentary sessions are 30-45 minutes