You are sending a link to...
The Secret to Increasing Growth
What is the secret to increasing growth? Simplicity.
Do you think it's a coincidence you can see your reflection in still water, but in running water, you can't clearly see your reflection?
When life is hitting you from every direction and you are going hard in multiple arenas of your life at the same time, it can feel overwhelming. It can be difficult to know if you're on the right track. You may not be able to "see" yourself clearly.
Simplifying allows for you to use less energy, become more efficient in the use of your time, and have a consistent enthusiasm about your day and life. When you go through each day with an understanding of what you want and who you are, all decisions become easier. All daily choices seem like a breeze which allows room for growth. Here are just five basic tricks to live simply:
- Identify what's most important to you and get rid of everything else. Are there things in your life you are tolerating that don't motivate you, aren't stepping stones to your goals, or are just time-wasters? Eliminate them.
- Organize your physical life. Consider too much clutter to be running water. All your things and belongings not only clutter your space, but also clutter your mind. Are you holding on to things that you need to let go or throw out? Give your room, house, car, locker, every day bag a good look through. What can you get rid of and clean up to allow more room. Extra room allows for more space for whatever you need: growth, relaxation, focus, efficiency, etc.
- Be more productive by doing less. Every day you should have a few things you've decided are on the to-do list for the day. Do feel overwhelmed on a day-to-day basis because you have crammed too much into your day? There's a huge difference between productivity and busyness. Your life in the long run is directly dependent on what you do today. Take care of yourself, make your happiness a priority, and stay on top of your responsibilities.
- Allow time every day to disconnect from technology and drama. Distance yourself from things that cause clutter mentally and emotionally. Distance yourself from people that drain you and create unnecessary obstacles. Sometimes the most important thing you can do is take a break to think clearly.
- As you prioritize your day, make sure to also allow time for new opportunities. If your day is jam-packed, there is no room for growth. No time for new resources, new people with new networks, or new opportunities. Before you throw yourself into your day, take a look at what's on your to-do list. What can you elminate completely or spread out over multiple days that will allow time for you to stretch and expand?